Annual General Meeting of Electors
6.00pm, 29 November, 2016
PROCEDURE FOR THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF ELECTORS
Welcome to the City of Wanneroo’s Annual Electors Meeting for 29 November 2016.
The matters to be discussed at a general electors’ meeting are, firstly, the contents of the annual report for the previous financial year and then any other general business. In accordance with the Local Government (Administration) Regulations 1996, the Mayor is to preside at a general meeting of electors and is to determine the procedure to be followed.
1. All present are required to sign the attendance register at the entry to the Chambers, including name and address.
2. Speakers must be Electors of the City of Wanneroo.
3. The proceedings will be recorded for the purpose of production of the minutes and speakers are requested to use the microphones each time they speak.
4. No other audio or visual recording is to be undertaken without the permission of the Presiding Member.
5. The order of proceedings will firstly be reference to these rules by the Presiding Person followed by Attendances, Apologies, Leave of Absence, Declaration of Interest, presentation of the Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements, and General Business.
6. During General Business, questions or statements may only relate to matters that affect the local government and will be accepted at the discretion of the Presiding Person.
PUTTING A MOTION TO THE MEETING
1. Proposed motions must be provided in writing to Administration by 12 noon on Friday, 25 November 2016. Forms are available from Council Support (phone 94055000) or on the City’s website www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au
“Motions from the Floor” will only be accepted at the discretion of the Mayor.
2. Motions from Electors will be read aloud by the Mayor to ensure that everyone is clear about what they are voting on.
3. The Mayor will call for a mover and a seconder for a motion.
4. Upon a motion being moved and seconded, the Mayor will call for speakers to address the Chair.
5. When addressing the meeting, a person is to:-
a) rise and move to the front podium unless unable to do so by reason of sickness or disability;
b) state his or her name for recording in the minutes;
c) address the meeting through the person presiding.
d) limit questions/statements to fact, not opinion or supposition.
6. The Mayor will then put the motion to the vote.
7. Each elector has one vote. An elector does not have to vote.
8. Voting is determined by a show of hands. A simple majority carries the vote.
9. Motions carried at the meeting are not binding on Council. Motions from the Electors’ Meeting will be considered by the Council at its next Ordinary Meeting.
10. Any other circumstances arising in the course of the meeting will be determined at the discretion of the Presiding Person.
Unconfirmed Minutes of Annual General Meeting of Electors
held on Tuesday 29 November, 2016
Mayor Roberts declared the meeting open at 6.00pm.
Good evening Councillors, staff, ladies and gentlemen, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we meet and I invite you to bow your head in prayer:
We ask for your blessing upon our City, our community and our Council. Guide us in our decision making to act fairly, without fear or favour and with compassion, integrity and honesty. May we show true leadership, be inclusive of all, and guide the City of Wanneroo to a prosperous future that all may share. We ask this in your name.
Please refer to agenda for details of full reports and attachments.
TRACEY ROBERTS, JP Mayor
FRANK CVITAN, JP Central Ward
SAMANTHA FENN Central Ward
DOT NEWTON, JP Central Ward
LINDA AITKEN JP North Coast Ward
RUSSELL DRIVER North Coast Ward
GLYNIS PARKER North Coast Ward
NATALIE SANGALLI North Coast Ward
SABINE WINTON North Coast Ward
LARA SIMPKINS, JP South Ward
BRETT TREBY South Ward
DOMENIC ZAPPA South Ward
HARMINDER SINGH A/Chief Executive Officer
MARK DICKSON A/Director, Planning and Sustainability
NOELENE JENNINGS A/Director, Community and Place
DAVID NICHOLSON A/Director, Corporate Strategy and Performance
MUSTAFA YILDIZ Manager Governance and Legal
NATASHA SMART Manager Council and Corporate Support
YVETTE HEATH Minute Officer
DIANNE GUISE Central Ward (apology)
HUGH NGUYEN South Ward (apology)
DENIS HAYDEN South Ward (leave of absence granted previously from 16 September to 23 December 2016)
There were 15 registered members of the public and one member of the press in attendance.
Declarations of Interest by Elected Members, including the nature and extent of the interest. Declaration of Interest forms to be completed and handed to the Chief Executive Officer.
File Ref: 26831 – 16/396802
Responsible Officer: A/Director Corporate Strategy & Performance
Disclosure of Interest: Nil
Mayor Roberts advised that in accordance with the procedures for the meeting, nil motions had been received in writing prior to the meeting.
No further General Business was received.
There being no further business, the Mayor declared the meeting closed at 6:07pm.