Special Council Meeting
5:45pm, 25 June 2019
Council Chambers (Level 1), Civic Centre, 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo
· To ensure there is a process in place to outline the access to recorded Council Meetings.
· To emphasise that the reason for recording of Council Meetings is to ensure the accuracy of Council Meeting Minutes and that any reproduction of these Minutes are for the sole purpose of Council business.
Recording of Proceedings
1. Proceedings for Council Meetings; as well as Deputations and Public Question Time during these meetings shall be recorded by the City on sound recording equipment, except in the case of a meeting where Council closes the meeting to the public.
2. Notwithstanding subclause 1, proceedings of a Council Meeting, which is closed to the public, shall be recorded where the Council resolves to do so.
3. No member of the public is to use any audio visual technology or devices to record the proceedings of a Council or Committee Meeting, without the written permission of the Mayor or the Mayors Delegate.
Access to Recordings
4. Members of the public may purchase a copy of the recorded proceedings or alternatively, listen to the recorded proceedings at the Civic Centre. Costs of providing a copy of the recorded proceedings to members of the public will include staff time to make the copy of the proceedings; as well as the cost of the digital copy for the recording to be placed on. The cost of staff time will be set in the City’s Schedule of Fees and Charges each financial year.
5. Elected Members may request a copy of the recording of the Council proceedings at no charge.
6. All Elected Members are to be notified when recordings are requested by members of the public, and of Council.
7. Transcripts can be produced on the request of the Chief Executive Officer and will include staff time set by the City’s Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Notice is given that the next Special Council Meeting will be held at the Council Chambers (Level 1), Civic Centre, 23 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo on Tuesday 25 June, 2019 commencing at 5:45pm.
Chief Executive Officer
20 June, 2019
Good evening Councillors, staff, ladies and gentlemen, we wish to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land we are meeting on, the Whadjuk people. We would like to pay respect to the Elders of the Nyoongar nation, past and present, who have walked and cared for the land and we acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contributions made to the life of this city and this region and I invite you to bow your head in prayer:
We ask for your blessing upon our City, our community and our Council. Guide us in our decision making to act fairly, without fear or favour and with compassion, integrity and honesty. May we show true leadership, be inclusive of all, and guide the City of Wanneroo to a prosperous future that all may share. We ask this in your name.
In accordance with Section 7(4)(b) of the Local Government (Administration) Regulations 1996, a Council at a Special Meeting is not required to answer a question that does not relate to the purpose of the meeting. It is therefore requested that only questions that relate to items on the agenda be asked.
Item 5 Confidential
File Ref: 11575 – 19/228339
Responsible Officer: Executive Manager Governance and Legal
This report is to be dealt with in confidential session, under the terms of the Local Government Act 1995 Section 5.23(2), as follows:
(d) legal advice obtained, or which may be obtained, by the local government and which relates to a matter to be discussed at the meeting